Sunday, June 15, 2008

Old Metal Cupboard

This old metal cupboard with chippy paint is one of my favorite pieces I found at a flea market. I paid $25 for two, sold the other one for $265.00, what a find! It has glass doors...great for display. It holds vintage tootsie toy cars and trucks, my handpainted papier mache boxes, plastic farm animals, vintage dice and dominoes. 2 firemen, one is missing his arm(I found him in the basement of my antique shop. The other came in a box of miscellaneous items from an auction. The black framed picture is a needlepunch rug depicting a man carrying a freshly backed pie and a giant mushroom. Vintage boxes of watercolor pencils and chalks, old wooden checkers and more. The larger cupboard holds mason jars filled with ribbons and tins with old buttons, childrens school books from the 30's-50's. I enjoy having these collections surrounding me, they inspire me to be creative. The old tin containers hold my hand soldered pendants and charms that I have for sale in my Etsy Shop, www.guidoneetsy.etsy.com




No comments:

Do What Makes You Happy