Thursday, September 06, 2007

From Heart to Hand-Soldered Charms



















I'm still working on the focus of my images with my camera. If you see blurring, it is not on the piece, but my elementary skills in photography. More details below.


















The following charms are one inch or less in size. Some have images under bubble glass, beveled glass and flat glass. All are one of a kind and framed with solder. A patina is applied to the solder to age the piece to look like tin or zinc. I take custom orders and will apply images in a contempory background and can leave the solder a bright shiny silver. Please see a more detailed description further down. Leave a comment please.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your charms Rosa! Are these one of a kind? Can I get them in sterling silver?
Love Renee

Idamaria said...

Hi Renee, dear sister of mine! The silver would look just like sterling because that is the natural color of the solder, I just give it the patina to look old. I can also use any image you send me...grandchildren, someplace in Michigan,(like a lighthouse etc.)I am going to make some of the 2x3 beveled with religious images like the Madonna and use scripture for the back.

Do What Makes You Happy