Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Dried Flower Collage

The sampler piece is such a delightful newly found treasure, just makes one want to scream with glee-e-e-e! I know it's all tatered and worn, but thats what I like about it the most. (wonder whatever happened to the rest of it). Now the collage, it's not finished yet, but just had to post it now for some odd reason, I guess because I'm at a point where I'm not sure HOW I'm going to end it. The flowers are real and came upon me in a book of The Poetry of Flowers. There are several pansies, violets and small dried leaves. Not sure what the larger flower is. Someone had pressed them between the pages many years ago, just waiting for someone to find them, calling out to be used in some fashion, so here they are, in my art. Enjoy the visit!






1 comment:

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

I love the synchronicity of things! This weekend on my retreat, a flower fell out of a book at a book store and it was preserved so beautifully that the petals looked like veined faery wings and well... I pilfered the dried flower and put it into the book my Mom purchased. Someday I will post the drawing I made to go around the perfection that is that pilfered posy. I am so glad you posted this collage and I can't wait to stop by and see it completed at the store!
Blessings to you.

Do What Makes You Happy